Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Side of the Matter

That's the latest short story that I just finished reading. I never knew that Truman Capote was such an excellent writer. Had I known earlier, I would've bought most of his books and voraciously read all his writings. It is very humorous and my advice is : Read the story. I won't give tell you anything about it mainly because it is such a short story and is brilliantly written. Trust me it is worth every second of your precious reading time. The next book on my reading list is "Murder" by John Steinbeck which is just another short story. You might be wondering why the sudden interest in short stories. Well, truth be told, I went shopping yesterday and as usual, I went to Eaton's in Centre Point. For those who are unfamiliar with Eaton's, it's actually a bookshop. They sell mostly school/reference books but once in a very long while, they do have good ones up for grabs and I was one of the few very lucky souls to have found them. I wanted to buy all them but someone warned me not to do so and he promised me that he'd send his books to me all the way from Australia. All I have to do is make a list of books that I'm interested in. Ha! Am I lucky or am I LUCKY? I know...good things happen to good people. Ehem... Anyway, with that in mind, I purchased 4. Each costs RM6.90 which is nothing compared to all the face cream that I buy. ha ha I got myself...2 stars by Paul Theroux, Jeeves and the Impending Doom by PG Wodehouse, Murder by John Steinbeck and my favorite "My side of the Story" by Truman Capote. Lucky for me I bought all the books because my friend, the Malaysian pretending to be an Australian in OZ, just told me that he doesn't have those particular titles. Am I Lucky or am I Lucky? YES...indeed I am.
Now, I am off to read my Steinbeck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave nothing but nice comments :)